- Day or night, and in the most demanding conditions, let your compass be your guide with a full-featured Ranger CLQ Needle Compass from Silva. The dial displays 0° – 90° marked in 2-degree graduations with luminous points for night use. Underneath the cover is a sighting mirror with an etched line, and on top of the cover is a useful Vee-sight line. For use with maps, the base plate is marked in 1/20″ increments, millimeter rules, and 1:24,000 map scale.
- For more accurate 6 and 8 figure reference grid plotting, the Ranger has 1:25,000 & 1:50,000 Romer scales. Angular measurements such as positive and negative slopes are taken with the aid of the Clinometer, sight lines, and geared declination adjustment. Your Ranger features a built-in base plate magnifier for reading the small print found on many maps. Silicone feet help steady your compass on slippery surfaces. Carry your Ranger in hand or with the attached, adjustable lanyard.
- Vee-sight on cover
- 1/20 inch and millimeter rules
- 1:24,000 map scale
- 1:25,000 & 1:50,000 Romer scales
- Map magnifier
- Luminous points for night use
- Lanyard with adjustable slider and screwdriver
- To increase luminous brightness, expose your compass to a bright light prior to use
- The appearance of a small bubble in the liquid compass is due to temperature changes and has no influence on accuracy or usefulness
- Exercise caution when placing your compass near iron objects, microwaves, high tension wires, and strong magnets such as are found in stereo speakers, as these may interfere with compass readings
- Familiarize yourself with compass, instructions and general procedures prior to use in the field
- Weight: 3 oz.
- Dimensions: 4.3″L Closed x 2.5″W x 0.7″D.